Storsätra opened in 1939 as the first mountain hotel in the Dalarna area of Sweden. It was much simpler back then, and only offered a few rooms. But the intent was then as it is now—to provide guests a comfortable gateway to all the region has to offer. The hotel slowly
grew over the years, and in the 1950’s architect Ralph Erskine, a regular guest, designed the restaurant and meeting area. New owners in the 1970s modernised the hotel, including the Erskine areas, and added the relaxation area. Today’s owners, Helena and Lars Ericson, are the latest keepers of tradition—offering genuine mountain hospitality in one of the most unspoilt natural landscapes in the world.